Welcome!

Here you can enjoy pictures and stories of my travels. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Falmouth, England

On this grey day I had IPM, so I decided to wake up early and help out Shore Excursions at 7am. But when I went, no one was there! I thought, well, I’m already awake, may as well get some breakfast. And after that, I thought, well no one is going to wake up anytime soon to get off the ship, so as long as I’m back by 9am, I may as well go outside for a walk! I asked for directions to somewhere close and the port security told me to turn left to walk to the castle. Well, I did turn left, away from the town, and found myself passing lots of cargo ships, construction, and as I bent down to photograph a sad little baby seagull with a broken wing, the head of security zoomed up in his car and barked that I wasn’t allowed to take pictures, let alone be where I was! I explained that I was trying to follow directions to the castle and he let out a big sigh and told me, in his lovely British accent, to get in the car and he would point me in the right direction. Oops! 

So I set out toward the castle in the right direction. It sprinkled the whole time, but I was smiling and pleased to get some exercise our in nature. My favorite sights were milk delivered to the red castle door, lots of greenery, fuchsia flowers, and the security guard company....notice the name on his hat :)






No comments:

Post a Comment