Welcome!

Here you can enjoy pictures and stories of my travels. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

This was not my favorite city from my glimpse today: sex shops, marijuana, graffiti and sex for sale. I know there must be much more to the city than this....bicycles, clogs, tulips, windmills, restaurants on waterways...but I’m just reporting the things I saw today, which were the less classy ones. To tell the truth, putting real live faces to prostitution really got to me. It felt demeaning and heartbreaking. The city seemed full of empty. The lost seeking solace in all the wrong places. I guess I needed to see it. I needed a fire lit within me to fight for something, and to re-appreciate all the freedoms we exercise daily in America. I have a pretty great life. How often do I count my many blessings? (insert Bing Crosby song here :)

On a brighter note, the cheese here is amazing!



Todd got this in one shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment