Welcome!

Here you can enjoy pictures and stories of my travels. Enjoy!

Monday, August 19, 2013

Milford Haven, Wales

I spent today strolling leisurely through the National Botanic Garden of Wales, taking pictures of flowers, enjoying plants, and smiling when little Welsh children spoke in their precious accents... “Mummy, I reeeeelly wont t’ see the fishies!” The garden boasts the largest Glasshouse in the world, which is a refuge of endangered plants from around the world (kinda like a huge, glass Noah’s Ark for plants.) I enjoyed that it was organized geographically, so I could imagine I was walking through Australia and South Africa and then finish my walk in California.

With the rest of my alone time I savored elderflower sparkling juice and almond cake in the sun.

Diolch ("thank you" in Welsh) for reading.



The Glasshouse


A greenhouse made entirely from plastic water bottles. (Christine and Dave...this made me think of you!)






Perfect garden lunch: elderflower soda, egg salad sand, almond cake

No comments:

Post a Comment