Welcome!

Here you can enjoy pictures and stories of my travels. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Klaipeda, Lithuania


At the street markets, people don’t smile when they bargain. And it’s difficult to communicate seeing as how I don’t speak Lithuanian! My objective was leg warmers. Handmade, woolen leg warmers. After finding a very fun, patterned, holiday-looking pair, and whittling down the price, I was pleased with myself. The MacIntyres and I took a bus to a fishing village, which was lovely enough to spend the whole day, though with the walk, the ferry, the bus and back again on a schedule, we could only afford a short gander. Just when we landed and headed for the sand dunes, I realized I left my leg warmers on the bus! Noooo! I tried to shake off the disappointment with a herring sandwich a warm grapefruit beer: less than satisfying. Luckily, the market was just barely still open when we made it back, and Todd ran with me to swallow my pride and buy another pair of leg warmers. This time I chose a cream cashmere pair, a little nicer than the first, and I was quite pleased. 

Oh ya know, just smokin fish in the parking lot...

Cutest little espresso truck ever!


Warm grapefruit beer and herring sandwich for the busride? Why did I think that sounded like a good idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment