Welcome!

Here you can enjoy pictures and stories of my travels. Enjoy!

Monday, August 19, 2013

Liverpool, England

On the docket for today, in addition to quality time with good friends and help with my computer at the Apple Store, was finding the Beatles Museum! I learned that they started when Paul was just a 15-year-old boy, and that Pete was the original drummer, but their manager didn’t prefer him because he didn’t have the charisma of the others and was a “good but not great” drummer, so he kicked him out...enter Ringo. I learned that in Canada at one point they took NINE of the Top Ten singles! It was fun to see the newspaper clippings, to learn about the Casbah and the Cavern, where they played, and to hear sound clips of girls screaming in a Beatlemania craze. The museum does a good job of transporting you to the time period...and you even get to walk through a Yellow Submarine! 


Back on the ship, the show lounge presented a tribute band of the Beatles, who boarded from Liverpool. I knew ALL of the songs they played (to my surprise!) and pulled a gentleman passenger on the dance floor for to dance the Twist and Shout :) I wish I lived in a generation of really great music, where everyone in the world is loving the same songs at the same time. But I guess I’m lucky because I can listen to music from the past anytime I want...and maybe even dress up to match it! You know I do!







Brooke, Mike, Chase, Joe, Ang, Ry

Joe is sooo powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment